Discussions on the mathematics of the cube

My responses to questions posted on various news groups

Google canned search" Many on the links from earlier posts are no longer active.

Cube Lovers Archives Found

Thanks to the diligence of Josef Jelinek I'm pleased to announce that the original cube-lovers files have been found. They are available by anonymous ftp at cubezzz.duckdns.org or by clicking on the link to left.

Cube-lovers, a rebirth (Hopefully)

Hi folks,

I'm sure many of you can remember the old cube-lovers mailing list. It started in 1980 and lasted until Feb 2000. Cube-lovers was the "creme deLa creme" of all cube discussions, with topics ranging from hypercubing to God's Algorithm calculations there was never anything else quite like it.

Cube-lovers seemed to breathe it's last in Feb of 2000, but cube discussions continue on the internet. Many Rubik's Cube sites have appeared on the internet but the discussions and topics were fragmented and nowadays the discussions are dominated by speed cubing. Interesting to be sure, but not quite the same as the ol' cube-lovers list.

Exhaustive Search of the Cube will happen

Within 3 years
7% (1 vote)
Within 5 years
7% (1 vote)
Within 10 years
7% (1 vote)
Within 25 years
29% (4 votes)
More than 25 years
43% (6 votes)
Never
7% (1 vote)
Total votes: 14

Cube Forum coming soon

This will be a forum to discuss the mathematics of the cube and related puzzles.